Monday, March 31, 2008

Thing 17 Elm databases

These are really great resources for our students.  Often they like to Google for things but here are valid resources. If teachers and media people, show students how to access information here kids will use them.  It's important too to point out the how access.  This is my first real successful access from home, because I finally have high speed access instead of dial-up.  Even with dial-up I would use resources for students.  It's been some time since I used by account in EBESCO  but its STILL THERE!!  I like using the magazine alerts.  I couldn't get the RSS feeds to work. But the email alerts work well.  I was too a workshop once on using the web page creater in Ebesco, but I don't get very excited about it.  Seems too tedious.  There are other ways of creating web pages. It should be more like the blogger. That's easy and the finished product looks create.  It's been awhile since I've visited netLibrary.  It's come a long way.  I will definitely back here for research and reading.  The accounts that one can set up to email articles will certainly help collaboration.  Remember elm4you to locate the databases.

No comments: